Educational Materials for Patients
Know the Facts About High Blood Cholesterol
This full-color, easy-to-read handout describes the risk factors, signs and symptoms, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of high blood cholesterol.
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- National Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program Addresses High Blood Cholesterol
Listen to CDC podcasts for reliable health and safety information when and where you want it.
- National Cholesterol Education Month
Do you know your cholesterol numbers? Your doctor can do a simple test to check your cholesterol levels and help you make choices that lower your risk for heart disease and stroke.
Date released: 9/9/2009
The following Web sites include government health links and resources to learn about cholesterol:
- National Cholesterol Education Program: The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Cholesterol: Medline Plus (A service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health)
- Cholesterol at HeartHub for Patients: American Heart Association