Guidelines and Recommendations
- Implications of Recent Clinical Trials for the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines report from the National Cholesterol Education Program, endorsed by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, American College of Cardiology Foundation, and American Heart Association.
- Third Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) from the National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute Web site.
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Web site.
- Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General
This report brings together, for the first time, what has been learned about physical activity and health from decades of research.
- Surgeon General's Reports Related to Tobacco Use List of reports concerning smoking and health, including reports on tobacco use among ethnic groups and young people.
Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010
Dietary Guidelines for Americans is published jointly every 5 years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA).