CDC Professional Development
Science Ambassador Workshop: A 5-day professional development workshop for selected middle and high school STEM educators to collaborate with CDC scientists in creating public health lesson plans aligned with National Science Education Standards.
CDC Learning Connection: A one-stop learning resource that can help increase public health knowledge and skills and meet professional development needs.
Teacher Professional Development (David J. Sencer CDC Museum): Offers professional development teacher workshops designed to support science education and the incorporation of public health concepts into existing classroom curricula.
CDC Classroom Resources
Additional Classroom Resources
- Creating Active Student Engagement in the Sciences (CASES) Online
- Disease Detectives (Science Museum of Minnesota)
- Emergency Planning (FEMA)
- Environmental Protection Agency: Teacher Resources and Lesson Plans
- Epidemiology Education Movement
- FDA Science and Our Food Supply
- FightBac! Curriculum for Kids (Partnership for Food Safety Education)
- Discovery Education: Teacher Resources
- Killer Outbreaks (Animal Planet)
- Montclair State University Detectives in the Classroom
- National Institute of Environmental Health Science
- National Science Foundation: Scrub Club: Downloads for Teachers
- National Institutes of Health Office of Science Education Educational Resources
- NIH Curriculum Supplement Series
- Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases
- PBS Learning Media
- Young Epidemiology Scholars: Epidemiology Teaching Units for the High School Classroom
- Promethean Planet