If you are a cancer patient or survivor, please see our Links Related to Cancer Survivorship.
Find a nursing home, assisted living, or hospice; check your eligibility for benefits; get resources for long-distance caregiving; review legal issues; and find support for caregivers using this comprehensive list from USA.gov.
- Framing the Public Health of Caregiving (American Journal of Public Health)
- Family Caregivers in Cancer (National Cancer Institute)
- Family Caregivers in Cancer: Roles and Challenges (National Cancer Institute)
- Who Is a Caregiver? (National Cancer Institute)
- Caregivers (Medline Plus)
- Caregiving for Adults (CDC)
- Caregiving: A Public Health Priority (CDC)
- Caregivers (American Cancer Society)
- Caregivers as Partners and Clients of Behavioral Health Services [PDF-578KB] (Administration on Aging)
- VA Caregiver Support (Veterans Administration)
- Caregiving (Medicare)
- Caregiver Action Network
- Don't Lose Heart
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- National Caregivers Library
- Well Spouse Association
- Families with Special Needs: Caregiving Tips
- Caregiving Tips for Families of People with Disabilities
- Preventing Infections in Cancer Patients: Information for Patients and Caregivers
- Flu Treatment for Cancer Patients and Survivors
- Tips for Caregivers When Caring for People Who Have the Flu
- Personal Preparedness for Older Adults and Their Caregivers
- Managing Stress
National Cancer Institute
- Organizations That Offer Support Services
- When Your Brother or Sister Has Cancer: A Guide for Teens
- When Your Parent Has Cancer: A Guide for Teens
- Young People with Cancer: A Handbook for Parents
- When Someone You Love Has Advanced Cancer: Support for Caregivers
- Facing Forward: When Someone You Love Has Completed Cancer Treatment
- End-of-Life Care for People Who Have Cancer
Administration on Aging
- 10 Warning Signs: An Older Loved One May Need Assistance [PDF-KB]
- Working Caregivers: Finding a Balance [PDF-72KB]
- Emergency Readiness for Older Adults and Caregivers [PDF-612KB]
- Caregiver Survival Tips [PDF-544KB]
- Family Caregivers and Driving Retirement: Tips for Planning Ahead [PDF-416KB]
- Family Caregivers and Transportation: A Few Survival Tips [PDF-497KB]
Food and Drug Administration
Internal Revenue Service
National Institutes of Health
- Long-Term Care
- Medicare and Caregivers
- Surviving Cancer
- The NIH Clinical Center Recognizes Family Caregivers
National Institute on Aging
Office on Women's Health
Veterans Health Administration
- Seven Key Findings from 8-Year Study of Cancer Caregivers (American Cancer Society)
- Help for Cancer Caregivers (CancerCare, Michigan State University, Indiana University, Caregiver Action Network, and Wellpoint)
- Clinical Trials for Caregivers of Cancer Patients (ClinicalTrials.gov)
- Caregiving Resource Center (AARP)
- Caregivers (Cancer Support Community)
- Caregiving (CancerCare)
- Caregivers Center (Caring4Cancer)
- MetLife Study of Caregiving Costs to Working Caregivers: Double Jeopardy for Baby Boomers Caring for Their Parents [PDF-659KB] (June 2011)
- Valuing the Invaluable: The Economic Value of Family Caregiving, 2008 Update [PDF-90KB] (November 2008)
- Evercare Study of Family Caregivers—What They Spend, What They Sacrifice: The Personal Financial Toll of Caring for a Loved One [PDF-1.2MB] (November 2007)
- Evercare Study of Caregivers in Decline: A Close-up Look at the Health Risks of Caring for a Loved One [PDF-954KB] (September 2006)
- Protecting the Health of Family Caregivers (CDC) A podcast for public health and aging services professionals.
- Caregiving in Indian Country (CDC) A podcast for public health and aging services professionals.
- Kavanaugh M, Kramer BJ, Walsh MC, Trentham-Dietz A. Factors contributing to economic burden in lung cancer spousal caregivers. Palliative and Supportive Care 2014:1–10.
- McMullen CK, Schneider J, Altschuler A, Grant M, Hornbrook MC, Liljestrand P, Krouse RS. Caregivers as health care managers: health management activities, needs, and caregiving relationships for colorectal cancer survivors with ostomies. Supportive Care in Cancer 2014.
- Anderson LA, Edwards VJ, Pearson WS, Talley RC, McGuire LC, Andresen EM. Adult caregivers in the United States: characteristics and differences in well-being, by caregiver age and caregiving status. Preventing Chronic Disease 2013;10:130090.
- Li C, Zeliadt SB, Hall IJ, Smith JL, Ekwueme DU, Moinpour CM, Penson DF, Thompson IM, Keane TE, Ramsey SD. Burden among partner caregivers of patients diagnosed with localized prostate cancer within 1 year after diagnosis: an economic perspective. Supportive Care in Cancer 2013;21(12):3461–3469.
- Bevans M, Sternberg EM. Caregiving burden, stress, and health effects among family caregivers of adult cancer patients. JAMA 2012;307(4):398–403.
- Silveira MJ, Given CW, Cease KB, Sikorskii A, Given B, Northouse LL, Piette JD. Cancer care partners: improving patients’ symptom management by engaging informal caregivers. BMC Palliative Care 2011;10:21.
- Mazanec SR, Daly BJ, Douglas SL, Lipson AR. Work productivity and health of informal caregivers of persons with advanced cancer. Research in Nursing and Health 2011;34(6):483–495.
- Mazanec P, Daly BJ, Ferrell BR, Prince-Paul M. Lack of communication and control: experiences of distance caregivers of parents with advanced cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum 2011;38(3):307–313.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO