Find a nursing home, assisted living, or hospice; check your eligibility for benefits; get resources for long-distance caregiving; review legal issues; and find support for caregivers using this comprehensive list from USA.gov.
- Framing the Public Health of Caregiving (American Journal of Public Health)
- Family Caregivers in Cancer (National Cancer Institute)
- Who Is a Caregiver? (National Cancer Institute)
- Coping with Cancer: For Caregivers, Family, and Friends (National Cancer Institute)
- Caregivers (Medline Plus)
- Caregiving: A Public Health Priority (CDC)
- Caregivers (American Cancer Society)
- National Family Caregiver Support Program (Administration on Aging)
- Support for Caregivers (Medicare)
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- National Family Caregivers Association
- Families with Special Needs: Caregiving Tips
- Caregiving Tips for Families of People with Disabilities
- Preventing Infections in Cancer Patients: Information for Patients and Caregivers
- Personal Preparedness for Older Adults and Their Caregivers
- Managing Stress
Administration on Aging
- 10 Warning Signs: An Older Loved One May Need Assistance [PDF-KB]
- Working Caregivers: Finding a Balance [PDF-72KB]
- Emergency Readiness for Older Adults and Caregivers [PDF-612KB]
- Caregiver Survival Tips [PDF-544KB]
- Family Caregivers and Driving Retirement: Tips for Planning Ahead [PDF-416KB]
- Family Caregivers and Transportation: A Few Survival Tips [PDF-497KB]
National Institute on Aging
Food and Drug Administration
- I Can Cope classes (American Cancer Society)
- For Advanced Cancer Caregivers (Canadian Cancer Society)
- Clinical Trials for Caregivers of Cancer Patients (ClinicalTrials.gov)
- Caregiver Stress Fact Sheet (Office on Women's Health)
- Caregiving Resource Center (AARP)
- Caregivers (Cancer Support Community)
- Caregiving (CancerCare)
- Caregivers Center (Caring4Cancer)
- MetLife Study of Caregiving Costs to Working Caregivers: Double Jeopardy for Baby Boomers Caring for Their Parents [PDF-659KB] (June 2011)
- Valuing the Invaluable: The Economic Value of Family Caregiving, 2008 Update [PDF-90KB] (November 2008)
- Evercare Study of Family Caregivers—What They Spend, What They Sacrifice: The Personal Financial Toll of Caring for a Loved One [PDF-1.2MB] (November 2007)
- Evercare Study of Caregivers in Decline: A Close-up Look at the Health Risks of Caring for a Loved One [PDF-954KB] (September 2006)
- Supporting family caregivers (HHS Healthbeat)
- Protecting the Health of Family Caregivers (CDC) A podcast for public health and aging services professionals.
- Caregiving in Indian Country (CDC) A podcast for public health and aging services professionals.
- Bevans M, Sternberg EM. Caregiving burden, stress, and health effects among family caregivers of adult cancer patients. JAMA 2012;307(4):398–403.
- Silveira MJ, Given CW, Cease KB, Sikorskii A, Given B, Northouse LL, Piette JD. Cancer care partners: improving patients’ symptom management by engaging informal caregivers. BMC Palliative Care 2011;10:21.
- Mazanec SR, Daly BJ, Douglas SL, Lipson AR. Work productivity and health of informal caregivers of persons with advanced cancer. JAMA 2011;34(6):483–495.
- Mazanec SR, Daly BJ, Ferrell BR, Prince-Paul M. Lack of communication and control: experiences of distance caregivers of parents with advanced cancer Oncology Nursing Forum 2011;38(3):307–313.