For general information about skin cancer, please see Related Links.
- Promising Practices Brief: Indoor Tanning Among Minors
- Indoor Tanning Restrictions for Minors: A State-by-State Comparison (National Conference of State Legislatures)
- Model policies for public shade from Australia [PDF-140KB] (SunSmart) and Toronto, Canada (City of Toronto)
Businesses and Employers
- Position Statement: Sun Protection in the Workplace [PDF-56KB] (Cancer Council Australia)
- Draft a Policy Tool for Employers (SunSafe Colorado)
Health Care Systems, Insurers, and Clinicians
- Screening for Skin Cancer (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force)
- Preventing Skin Cancer: Findings of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services on Reducing Exposure to Ultraviolet Light
- Cancer Prevention and Control (Guide to Community Preventive Services)
- Behavioral Counseling to Prevent Skin Cancer (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force)
Early Learning Centers, Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SunWise program teaches children and their caregivers how to protect themselves from overexposure to the sun.
- Shade Planning for America’s Schools [PDF-1.2MB] (CDC)
- Draft a Policy Tool for Schools (SunSafe Colorado)