Registry Plus™ Utility Programs Technical Information and Installation
Note: The information on this page refers to the utilities available as of March 2015: Northcon150.exe with its associated library nconv150.dll, and Recnizer.
Registry Plus programs work with 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® operating systems on x86-compatible processors. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the Microsoft Windows operating system used.
Additional system requirements include—
- Microsoft operating system from Windows 7 and up.
- 128 MB RAM (512 MB recommended).
- Latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (recommended).
- 6 MB of free hard disk space.
Installing and Upgrading Utility Programs
Before you install or upgrade Utility Programs, please read the following information.
- Individual Northcon conversion installations can be stored on the same computer. Installing Northcon150 will not overwrite prior versions of Northcon.
- If someone else is responsible for maintenance of your computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance. If you are installing programs on Windows XP, you must be logged on as the administrator. If you are installing programs on Windows 8, you will be prompted to enter an administrator user ID and password.
- If you are upgrading or reinstalling an existing version of the Utility Programs, uninstall the existing Utility Programs according to the procedures of your operating system.
When Northcon150 is uninstalled, the RPlus\RPUtils folder will remain, but the Northcon150 folder will be deleted. No Northcon database or configuration settings will be preserved. The default installation folder is C:\RegPlus\RPUtils\Northcon150. You may install the Utility Programs on the drive and folder of your choosing; however, the location will not be preserved for subsequent installations.
The Utility Programs are delivered via an installer .exe file, which includes documentation and supplementary files useful for programming and linking the programs to existing systems.
- Download Utility Programs to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file to access the software and its documentation.
- When installed, click the Windows Start button and select Northcon150, or navigate to the Registry Plus group and select Northcon150.
Files Included with Northcon150
Northcon150 is distributed as a ZIP file containing the following files—
Main program and supporting files
- northcon150.exe: Northcon executable file with user interface.
- nconv150.dll: Northcon DLL used by northcon150.exe. Can also be used directly by application developers.
- nbiz.exe: Intermediate program that receives input from northcon150.exe and passes it to nconv150.dll running in a separate process.
- rpnaaccr.dll: Supporting DLL that tests data files for NAACCR validity.
- cstage.dll: Supporting DLL responsible for deriving Collaborative Stage.
- northcon150.chm: Northcon help file.
- nconv150_api.rtf: nconv150.dll API documentation.
Sample program and supporting files
- recybrec.exe: Command line program that converts a single NAACCR 14.0 record to a NAACCR 15.0 record.
- First argument: input filename.
- Second argument (optional): output filename.
- recbyrec.cpp: Source code for recbyrec.
- conversion_enums.h: Include file for recbyrec.
- nconv150.h: Include file for nconv150.dll when linking the DLL.
- nconv150.lib: LIB file for nconv150.dll when linking the DLL.
- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll: System DLL.
- msvcp100.dll: System DLL.
- msvcr100.dll: System DLL.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO