Registry Plus™ Utility Programs Technical Information and Installation
Note: The information on this page refers to the utilities available as of November 2012: Northcon130.exe with its associated library nconv130.dll, and Recnizer.
Registry Plus programs work with 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® operating systems on x86-compatible processors. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the Microsoft Windows operating system used.
Additional system requirements include—
- Microsoft operating system from Windows 98 through Windows 7.
- 128 MB RAM (512 MB recommended).
- Latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (recommended).
- 6 MB of free hard disk space.
Installing and Upgrading Utility Programs
Before you install or upgrade Utility Programs, please read the following information.
- Individual Northcon conversion installations can be stored on the same computer. Installing Northcon130 will not overwrite prior versions of Northcon.
- If someone else is responsible for maintenance of your computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance. If you are installing programs on Windows XP, you must be logged on as the administrator. If you are installing programs on Windows 7, you will be prompted to enter an administrator user ID and password.
- If you are upgrading or reinstalling an existing version of the Utility Programs, uninstall the existing Utility Programs according to the procedures of your operating system.
When Northcon130 is uninstalled, the RPlus\RPUtils folder will remain, but the Northcon130 folder will be deleted. No Northcon database or configuration settings will be preserved. The default installation folder is C:\RegPlus\RPUtils\Northcon130. You may install the Utility Programs on the drive and folder of your choosing; however, the location will not be preserved for subsequent installations.
The Utility Programs are delivered via an installer .exe file, which includes documentation and supplementary files useful for programming and linking the programs to existing systems.
- Download Utility Programs to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file to access the software and its documentation.
- When installed, click the Windows Start button and select Northcon130, or navigate to the Registry Plus group and select Northcon130.
Files Included with Northcon130
Northcon130 is distributed as a ZIP file containing the following files—
Main program and supporting files
- northcon130.exe: Northcon executable file with user interface.
- nconv130.dll: Northcon DLL used by northcon130.exe. Can also be used directly by application developers.
- nbiz.exe: Intermediate program that receives input from northcon130.exe and passes it to nconv130.dll running in a separate process.
- rpnaaccr.dll: Supporting DLL that tests data files for NAACCR validity.
- cstage.dll: Supporting DLL responsible for deriving Collaborative Stage.
- northcon130.chm: Northcon help file
- nconv130_api.rtf: nconv130.dll API documentation
Sample program and supporting files
- recybrec.exe: Command line program that converts a single NAACCR 12.2 record to a NAACCR 13.0 record.
- First argument: input filename.
- Second argument (optional): output filename.
- Third argument: (optional): flag "-cer" for records with CER data.
- recbyrec.cpp: Source code for recbyrec.
- conversion_enums.h: Include file for recbyrec.
- nconv130.h: Include file for nconv130.dll when linking the DLL.
- nconv130.lib: LIB file for nconv130.dll when linking the DLL.
- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll: System DLL.
- msvcp100.dll: System DLL.
- msvcr100.dll: System DLL.