Registry Plus Download Utility Programs
Northcon130.exe Record Converter: NAACCR 12.2 to NAACCR 13
(second release, version 1.0.2, build date April 8, 2013)
The Northcon130 conversion assumes that no non-standard data other than data for CDC's Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) study are present in fields designated as reserved in the NAACCR 12.2 records being converted. Preservation of non-standard data in reserved fields cannot be guaranteed.
Northcon130.exe, a freestanding program for Microsoft® Windows®, converts files of cancer registry records from NAACCR 12.2 to NAACCR 13, which are data formats prescribed by the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR). Input files should conform to NAACCR version 12.2. Converted output files will contain records in the NAACCR 13 record layout. See the program's online help for usage instructions.
Version 1.0.2 includes the TT to ZZP state-to-country conversion and 250/450 to YY country-to-state conversion that was absent in version 1.0.0. Northcon130.exe uses three dynamic link libraries (DLL): nconv130.dll, rpnaaccr.dll, and cstage.dll. The setup package available here contains the latest public release of all of them.
- Nconv130.dll is a programmers' library that contains several functions to perform record-by-record conversion when called by northcon130.exe or other programs. This is the same conversion DLL used by other Registry Plus software.
- Rpnaaccr.dll is used to identify characteristics of the files being submitted to northcon130.exe for processing.
- Cstage.dll version 020440 is the Collaborative Staging Data Collection System software for both NAACCR 12.2 and NAACCR 13. Because the conversion to NAACCR 13 does not affect any Collaborative Stage data items, Northcon130 does not call this DLL.
The setup package contains a C/C++ header file and link library for programmers as well as a description of the application program interface and source code for a sample program using nconv130.dll.
- Download the latest version of northcon130.exe, setup_northcon130_1.0.2.exe (executable file, 1.37 MB, April 8, 2013) to your computer. This program will install Northcon130 without disturbing previous conversions.
- Run the program to install the software.
If you need just the DLLs to perform conversion with a program other than northcon130.exe, just copy them from the same directory where you install northcon130.exe. Please note that use of nconv130.dll with your own programs will also require cstage.dll, included in this setup package, for its operation.
Conversion Specifications for NAACCR 13
Download the files specified in the Conversion Specifications for NAACCR 13 document:
- April 29, 2013: Second revision of northcon130.exe and nconv130.dll.
- February 8, 2013: First revision of northcon130.exe and nconv130.dll.
- November 5, 2012: First public release of northcon130.exe and nconv130.dll.
Converting Previous Versions
The following older versions of the Northcon Executable Record Converter convert older NAACCR data files to more current NAACCR versions:
- Northcon122_1.0.0 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.1 to NAACCR 12.2: Download setup_northcon122_1.0.0.exe (December 12, 2011, 1.4 MB)
- Northcon121_1.0.3 Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 12.0 to NAACCR 12.1: Download setup_northcon121_1.0.3.exe (September 15, 2011, 1 MB)
- Northcon12_1.0.3.exe Record Converter: Converts NAACCR version 11.x to NAACCR 12.0: Download setup_northcon12_1.0.3.exe (January 11, 2012, 917 KB)
Recnizer File Identifier
Recnizer is a Utility Program used to identify files of cancer registry abstracts in formats prescribed by NAACCR. It is useful in quickly determining the characteristics of files that are received from an outside source. The utility can be used to test files for validity that have caused unexplained problems for other software.
Download the latest version of Recnizer, setup_recnizer_1.1.2.exe (executable file, 353 KB, August 22, 2011) to your computer. Run the setup program to install the software.
- May 17, 2011: This revision is updated from previous releases in that it will recognize NAACCR version 12.1 data layouts.
- August 22, 2011: Updated to identify additional file types.
CDC is committed to providing resources that are accessible to people of all abilities. If you find that any of our information products, including what you see on this site, are not in compliance with Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), please contact us by e-mail or phone at 1 (800) 232-4636 or TTY at (888) 232-6348. When you contact us, please refer to the specific information found to be non-compliant. This will help us address the issue more quickly.