Registry Plus eMaRC Plus Technical Information and Installation
Registry Plus programs work with 32- and 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® operating systems on x86-compatible processors. The minimum hardware requirements are the same as those of the Microsoft Windows operating system used.
Additional system requirements include
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP or later.
- System memory: 512 MB.
- Minimum free disk space: 100 MB (additional disk space commensurate with the size of the database).
Installing and Upgrading eMaRC Plus
Before you install or upgrade eMaRC Plus, please read the following information.
- If someone else is responsible for maintenance of your computer, you may not be able to install software. In this case, consult the maintainer of your computer for assistance. If you are using Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Vista, you must be logged on as the administrator.
- If you are upgrading or reinstalling an existing version of eMaRC Plus, you will need to uninstall the existing eMaRC Plus program before you install the current version.
- To uninstall eMaRC Plus, click Start, All Programs, Registry Plus, eMaRC Plus, Uninstall eMaRC Plus. Finally, click Yes (you are sure you would like to uninstall this product), and eMaRC Plus will be uninstalled.
- After the previous version of eMaRC Plus is uninstalled, the new production version may be installed.
- If you are installing eMaRC Plus for the first time, you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0. If you do not already have Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 installed, this can be downloaded at no charge from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download eMaRC Plus, eMaRCPlusSetup_04_0_1.msi (2.94 MB, August 20, 2010) to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file. The installation program will direct you through the steps for installing eMaRC Plus.
- Please refer to Mapper_Plus_Readme.doc, which will be installed in the C:\MapperPlus folder before using the application.
- When installed, click on the Windows Start button and select Programs, then Registry Plus, then eMaRC Plus.
To upgrade eMaRC Plus to version 4.0.0 from 3.0.6, you will need to install the new version of the application and upgrade your database. This version will not work correctly if your database is not upgraded.
- Please download eMaRCPlusSetup_04_0_1.msi (2.94 MB, August 20, 2010), v4changes.sql (1021 bytes, September 1, 2010), and update.mdb (2.76 MB, September 1, 2010) to your computer.
- Delete the postnegation and prenegation tables from the Pathlab database, as new versions will be imported.
- Import tables: The update.mdb file contains new/updated tables that should be imported into the Pathlab database. Import all of the tables that are in update.mdb. Most tables are new.
- If you use Microsoft SQL Server, run v4changes.sql on the Pathlab database. This script will make some structural changes to your existing tables so that they work with this new version of the application. If you use a Microsoft Access database as your path reports repository, you will need to make these changes manually as you cannot run the script file on the Access database. Please contact email@example.com for information on how to update the Access database..
- Uninstall the old eMaRC Plus from workstations and install the new version. If you are using an Access database that is local (in the C:\eMaRCPlus\pathlab.mdb folder), please make a copy of it before installing the new version.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO