Registry Plus™ eMaRC Plus Features and Future Plans
Version 4.0.1 — New Features
Version 4.0.1 offers improved filtering of non-reportable pathology reports, notably in the identification and filtering of non-melanoma skin cancers. After you have installed this version, please verify that "Make non-melanoma skin cancers non-reportable" is selected by opening the Administration menu and selecting System Configuration, then Reports Filtering and Autocoding.
- New and improved autocoding of histology, behavior, and site during import, and improved coding suggestion suggestions for these data items during manual review. To enable auto-coding before importing, open the Administration menu and select System Configuration, then Reports Filtering and Autocoding. Check the Autocode histology and site during import checkbox.
- Highlighting (in purple color) of site terms during manual review.
- More efficient processing of reports during manual review, requiring fewer mouse clicks.
- Improved searching of pathology reports across batches to find terms in text fields.
- New status codes to indicate which reports were autocoded for histology, site, and behavior during import. Also a new status code identifies reports that contain no cancer terms; previously, such reports would have been included in non-reportables.
- Granular access to functions by roles. Three system-defined roles exist: registrar, system administrator, and registry administrator.
- The registrar has access to all functions under the File menu.
- The system administrator has access to database and PHINMS settings in System Configuration.
- The registry administrator has access to all functions except the database and PHINMS settings.
- Support for two versions of HL7 ORU message: 2.3.1 and 2.5.1.
- Support for 2.5.1 HL7 messages with eCC-encoded synoptic reports, with special display formatting of such reports in the manual review window. Autocoding of such reports will be implemented in a later version.
- Capability to add custom data validation on individual HL7 data elements. This function is available under the Administration menu, Manage Data Validation.
- Add capability to suggest site and histology codes in the workbench screen.
- Add support for Sybase® and Oracle® databases.