Data Flow Diagram Legend
There are two actors: the registrar and the cancer registry (CR) software.
The process starts when the registrar marks the abstract as ready to be edited. The registrar selects one or more appropriate edit sets. The CR software runs the selected metafiles against the abstract and checks for errors.
If the CR software finds errors, the CR software displays the abstract and the results of the failed edits, and the registrar corrects or overrides the errors. This step is repeated until no errors are found.
The CR software marks the abstract as "passed edits" and stores the result of editing in the ErrorMonitoring table. The process ends.
Business Rules (BR)
For definitions of the business rules and software requirements, please refer to the Validate and Edit Abstracted Data Use Case (PDF-276KB).
- BR01 applies to the decision of selecting the abstracts for editing.
- BR02 applies to the process of selecting the appropriate edit set(s) and running them against the abstracts.
Software Requirements (SR)
- SR01 applies to the decision of selecting the abstracts for editing.
- SR02, SR03, SR04, and SR05 apply to the process of selecting the appropriate edit set(s) and running them against the abstracts.
- SR07, SR08, and SR09 apply to the process of running the edits against the abstracts.
- SR06 applies to the process of storing the results.
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as *.pdf files. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.