The prepare and transmit event report use case has three actors: the cancer registry staff, data source staff, and data source software.
The process starts when data source staff mark or sign the event report as "completed." The data source software evaluates the eligibility of the event report for submission to the cancer registry.
If the event report is eligible for submission to the cancer registry, the data source software creates an electronic event report according to the requirement for the reporting to the cancer registry. It runs edits on the event report. If there are errors in the event report, the data source software corrects the errors. If not, it creates a batch file of event reports for transmission. The data source software then encrypts the batch file and transmits it to the cancer registry (CR) software via a secure connection.
If an acknowledgement is received from the CR software, the process stops. Otherwise, the data source staff contact the CR staff to determine the status of the transmitted file and why it was not received by CR staff, and corrects the problem. CR staff send an acknowledgement if the file was received; otherwise, CR staff determine why the file was not received and correct the problem.
If the event report is not eligible for submission, data source staff do not send the event report to the cancer registry, and the process stops.
Business Rules (BR)
For details of the business rules and software requirements, please refer to the Prepare and Transmit Event Report Use Case (PDF-288KB).
- BR01, BR02, BR03, and BR04 apply to the data source software evaluating the event report's eligibility for submission to the cancer registry.
- BR05, BR06, BR07, and BR08 apply to creating an electronic event report for reporting to the cancer registry.
- BR09 and BR10 apply to edits run on the event report.
- BR11, BR12, and BR13 apply to creating a batch file for transmission.
- BR14 and BR15 apply to determining the status of transmission of the batch file to CR software via a secure connection.
Software Requirements (SR)
- SR01, SR02, and SR03 apply to transmitting the batch file to CR software via a secure connection.
Please note: Some of these publications are available for download only as *.pdf files. These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed. Please review the information on downloading and using Acrobat Reader software.