Cancer Surveillance System Rationale and Approach
The National Program of Cancer Registries–Cancer Surveillance System (NPCR–CSS) Rationale and Approach (July 1999) is a resource document that—
- Presents the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) plan for receiving, assessing, enhancing, aggregating, and disseminating cancer data from states funded by NPCR.
- Provides justification for meeting CDC's responsibilities for public health surveillance through state-level cancer incidence data.
- Helps monitor progress toward NPCR program objectives.
- Assists in the coordination of cancer surveillance activities across various public health agencies and organizations.
Download the NPCR–CSS document [PDF-148KB].
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO