Collaboration Guide for Pacific Island Cancer and Chronic Disease Programs
CDC developed this publication, Collaboration Guide for Pacific Island Cancer and Chronic Disease Programs [PDF-1.5MB] (or the Pacific Island Collaboration Guide), to help CCC programs and coalitions and other chronic disease and school-based programs and coalitions work together. This guide includes practical advice and tools for staff working in CCC programs in the Pacific that are funded by CDC’s National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program and their partners.
Other chronic disease and school-based programs and coalitions that are working to prevent and control cancer can also use this guide. In addition, Pacific Island jurisdiction health department staff can use it to develop noncommunicable (chronic) disease plans or to implement specific strategies in these plans.
The Pacific Island Collaboration Guide has information on how to
- Work with partners on collaborative projects.
- Make the best use of your partners’ time so they don’t get burned out.
- Leverage resources to support collaborative work.
- Support policy changes to prevent and control chronic diseases.
- Share and use data across chronic disease programs.
- Evaluate collaborative efforts and report on progress.
This guide is not meant to be comprehensive, but to provide specific advice and tips about working with partners. For example, the evaluation section does not provide information on how to conduct evaluations, but on how to track your progress and make the best use of existing expertise and resources.
The following documents are blank copies of the tools used in this guide, as well as some additional tools and sample documents from grantees. They can be used as-is or adapted to fit your needs.
- Identify Chronic Disease Partners Work Sheet [DOC-40KB]
- Compile Program Details Work Sheet [DOC-35KB]
- Sample Meeting Agenda [DOC-33KB]
- Identify Common Interests and Collaborative Activities Work Sheet [DOC-36KB]
- Develop a Collaborative Action Plan Work Sheet [DOC-35KB]
- How to Fix Partnership Problems: The Five Whys Work Sheet [DOC-33KB]
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding Template [DOC-25KB]
- Identify Resources Work Sheet [DOC-36KB]
- Share Information About Your Resource Needs Work Sheet [DOC-37KB]
- Track Your Resources Work Sheet [DOC-36KB]
- Identify Common Policy Interests Work Sheet [DOC-36KB]
- Identify Data Work Sheet [DOC-46KB]
- Sample Data-Sharing and Usage Agreement [DOC-26KB]
- Sample Interagency Data-Sharing Agreement [DOC-33KB]
- Track Your Progress Work Sheet [DOC-40KB]
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO