HPV-Associated Cancer Rates by State
These maps were produced as part of the analysis for an article titled “Human Papillomavirus-Associated Cancers—United States, 2004–2008,” published in the MMWR on April 20, 2012. In the following maps, the U.S. states are divided into groups based on the rates at which people were diagnosed with an HPV-associated cancer during 2004–2008. The rates are the average numbers out of 100,000 people who developed cancer each year.
- HPV-associated anal cancer
- HPV-associated cervical cancer
- HPV-associated oropharyngeal cancer
- HPV-associated penile cancer
- HPV-associated vaginal cancer
- HPV-associated vulvar cancer
This document [PDF-314KB] shows the actual rates and counts of HPV-associated cancers by state.
This slide set [PPTX-1.8MB] shows the maps of HPV-associated cancers by state.