Cervical Cancer Screening with the HPV Test and the Pap Test in Women Ages 30 and Older
Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- How do I know if I got an HPV test?
- When and how should I expect to get my test results?
- What do my test results mean?
- When is my next Pap test and HPV test? I heard I may be able to wait up to 5 years.
- What other tests or treatment will I need if my Pap or HPV test is abnormal?
- When do I need to come back for more testing or treatment?
- What should I expect during and after these tests or treatments?
- Are there risks or side effects?
- Will the testing or treatment affect my chance to get or stay pregnant?
- Will the added tests or treatment be covered by my insurance?
- Where can I get help to cover the costs?
Be sure to ask your doctor about anything you don’t understand. Take a copy of this page with you the next time you see your provider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
4770 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO