Behnoosh Momin, MS, MPH
Behnoosh Momin, MS, MPH, is a health scientist in the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control’s Comprehensive Cancer Control Branch, Scientific Support and Clinical Translation Team. Ms. Momin began her public health career as a fellow with the Association of Schools of Public Health. She moved to Atlanta, Georgia after completing her bachelor’s degree in biomedical science and master’s degree in public health from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
Upon moving to Atlanta, she completed her master’s degree in biomedical science and currently provides scientific expertise to a wide range of the division’s research studies, including project lead on a large American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-funded research study that involves a mixed-methods approach to identify promotional and cessation interventions for tobacco control in decreasing cancer rates. She is also a co-lead on a study measuring the effects of state and local radon policies. Ms. Momin has served as lead author and co-author on a range of publications and has presented her research at national public health conferences. She is the co-founder of CDC’s Tobacco Control workgroup, which promotes tobacco-related cancer epidemiological research, education, and awareness to decrease cancer incidence, morbidity, and mortality. Ms. Momin is a candidate for a doctorate in public health degree at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia.
The most recent articles Ms. Momin has authored include—
- 2014 Decreasing trend in tobacco-related cancer incidence, United States 2005–2009.
- 2014 Traditional and innovative promotional strategies of tobacco cessation services: a review of the literature.
- 2012 An analysis of content in comprehensive cancer control plans that address chronic hepatitis B and C virus infections as major risk factors for liver cancer.
- 2012 Racial and regional disparities in lung cancer incidence.
- 2010 Hepatocellular carcinoma—United States, 2001–2006.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO