Captain Jacqueline Miller, MD, FACS
Jacqueline Miller, MD, FACS, is a board-certified general surgeon and a Captain with the U.S. Public Health Service. She did her undergraduate education at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, and earned her medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. She then completed an internship and residency in general surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. After completing her training, she practiced general surgery for eight years in Atlanta with a special interest in breast cancer.
She later joined the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer in the Division of Adult and Community Health. Currently, she is the Medical Director for CDC's National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program in the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control. Dr. Miller provides clinical services at the Atlanta VA Medical Center and is an Assistant Clinical Professor at Emory University School of Medicine. She has authored or co-authored more than 60 publications and mentors fellows training in epidemiology. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta sorority.
Some of the most recent articles Dr. Miller has first-authored include—
- 2015 Breast and cervical cancers diagnosed and stage at diagnosis among women served through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program.
- 2014 From cancer screening to treatment: Service delivery and referral in the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program.
- 2014 Public health national approach to reducing breast and cervical cancer disparities.
- 2014 Physicians' beliefs about effectiveness of cancer screening tests: A national survey of family physicians, general internists, and obstetricianâ€“gynecologists.
- 2012 Breast MRI use uncommon among U.S. women.
- 2012 Breast cancer screening among adult women—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2010.
- 2009 Mammography use from 2000 to 2006: state-level trends with corresponding breast cancer incidence rates.
Dr. Miller is featured in the following podcast—
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
c/o CDC Warehouse
3719 N Peachtree Rd
Building 100 MS F-76
Chamblee GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO