High Blood Pressure Statistics and Maps
About 1 of 3 U.S. adults—or 67 million people—has high blood pressure.1 The reports and other information in this section can serve as resources to public health officials and other health professionals who need up-to-date information about high blood pressure:
- High Blood Pressure Facts
- High Blood Pressure Maps and Data Sources
- High Blood Pressure Statistical Reports for Health Professionals
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs) About Blood Pressure
This infographic snapshot of blood pressure in the United States also provides more information on how high blood pressure affects Americans.
- CDC. Vital signs: awareness and treatment of uncontrolled hypertension among adults—United States, 2003–2010. MMWR. 2012;61(35):703-709.
- Page last reviewed: July 7, 2014
- Page last updated: July 7, 2014
- Content source: