High Blood Pressure Statistics and Maps
About 1 of 3 U.S. adults—or about 70 million people—has high blood pressure.1 The reports and other information in this section can serve as resources to public health officials and other health professionals who need up-to-date information about high blood pressure:
- High Blood Pressure Facts
- High Blood Pressure Maps and Data Sources
- High Blood Pressure Statistical Reports for Health Professionals
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs) About Blood Pressure
This infographic snapshot of blood pressure in the United States also provides more information on how high blood pressure affects Americans.
- Nwankwo T, Yoon SS, Burt V, Gu Q. Hypertension among adults in the US: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2011-2012. NCHS Data Brief, No. 133. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Dept of Health and Human Services, 2013.
- Page last reviewed: February 19, 2015
- Page last updated: February 19, 2015
- Content source: