Feeling Frazzled? Stress and What to Do about It
Download this Activity
Activity Component Lesson Plan [PDF - 325 KB]
In this activity, students discuss what's bad and good about stress and some of the biggest stressors for kids their age. They go to the BAM! Web site and take the Stress-O-Meter test to help them gauge their own level of stress and learn about new ways to relieve their personal stress. In a class discussion, students learn more about the differences between short- and long-term stress. They keep a stress diary, and evaluate whether their methods for reducing stress were successful.
- Discuss the good and bad characteristics of stress
- Differentiate between short- and long-term stress
- Explore and make a plan to use new ways to relieve stress
- Describe their own sources of stress and evaluate whether the stress-relief methods they used were successful
This activity fulfills science and health education standards.
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2015
- Page last updated: May 9, 2015
- Content source: