Microbe Multiplication Magic
Download this Activity
Activity Component Lesson Plan [PDF - 164 KB]
In this activity, students will learn how rapidly Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria reproduce. They will also see how environmental conditions such as temperature can affect the reproduction rate of E. coli. They will figure out how they might disrupt the environment that allows E. coli to reproduce, thus reducing the spread of infection.
- Calculate and graph the growth of bacteria under different environmental conditions
- Explain the role of the environment in the spread of disease
This activity fulfills science and health education standards [PDF - 164 KB].
BAM! Body and Mind Resources:
- The Immune Platoon — Profiles the body's own super hero team dedicated to protecting it from infectious and other diseases that threaten good health.
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2015
- Page last updated: May 9, 2015
- Content source: