Check out these...
Get your creative and crafty decision—making skills on! It's important to sit down and chat with your mom or dad about how you can work together to come up with a plan for keeping it safe at home.
Learning to make good decisions can sometimes be tough. It's a big part of growing up. The first step is knowing where to turn for help—it can make all the difference.
- Talk about safety with your parents so you are all on the same page about house rules and what you both expect. That way you can be prepared for any challenge that comes your way.
- When in doubt about what to do, find a parent or an adult and ask questions.
- When you plan what to do in different situations, think about all the things that might happen. Will doing one thing lead to more problems than another? Will you be upset or embarrassed if your parents or friends find out what you did?
- Prepare and practice! Work with a parent or adult to create an emergency contact list with name and phones numbers of people you can call in an emergency.
- Division of Population Health/School Health Branch
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, Northeast, Mailstop K-27
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO