The 1.2.3 Approach to Provider Outreach
Marketing Chronic Disease Interventions to Primary Care Practices
The 1-2-3 Approach to Provider Outreach is a guide for using direct-to-provider outreach to market arthritis self-management education and physical activity interventions. Learn about the rationale behind this method and find out what tools and tips are available on this Web site to guide your marketing team. More...
Customizable Marketing Materials
Download templates that you can customize with local information. Prepare the materials that marketers will leave behind with providers following an outreach visit.
- Provider fact sheet template: An Overview- [PDF - 7MB]
- Follow-up card templates - [PDF - 865KB]
- Poster [PDF - 4MB]
Find tools to help you at each step of the outreach process. Download scripts, spreadsheets, and other templates to help you plan and prepare, train marketers, conduct outreach visits, and track your progress.
- Provider outreach tracking spreadsheet - [XLS - 261KB]
- Phone call and outreach visit scripts - [PDF - 567KB]
- PowerPoint slides - [PPT - 3MB] - or - PDF version [PDF - 568KB]
Use these spreadsheets, questionnaires, and report templates to learn more about how your outreach efforts are working and to identify ways to refine and strengthen your approach.
- How did you hear? form for participants - [DOC - 45KB]
- How did you hear? form for participants (Spanish) - [DOC 27KB]
- How did you hear? data entry spreadsheet - [XLS - 120KB]
- How did you hear? data entry spreadsheet PDF format [PDF - 270KB]
The 1-2-3 Approach to Provider Outreach: Marketing Chronic Disease Interventions to Primary Care Practices is a complete guide to the entire outreach process, from planning to evaluation. These videos provide more information about using the 1.2.3. Approach.
Outreach Visit Video
See what happens in a typical outreach visit. Watch the video and get tips for making an effective pitch to providers and office staff.
Talk About It! Marketing Community-based Interventions Through Provider and Community Ambassador Outreach
In June 2013, the CDC sponsored a webcast about provider and ambassador outreach. Video and related materials for The 1.2.3 Approach to Provider Outreach are available in Part I. Alabama Department of Health.