Alcohol and Public Health Topics
Introduction to alcohol, drinking patterns, excessive alcohol use...
Alcohol-Related Disease Impact (ARDI), Alcohol Policy Information System (APIS)
Data, Trends, and Maps, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS)
Vital Signs, Scientific Studies…
Other Alcohol-related CDC Programs, Federal Agencies, Professional and Nonprofit Organizations
Binge drinking, Underage drinking, Alcohol Use and Health, Preventing Excessive Alcohol Use…
Videos, podcasts, e-cards…
Healthy People 2020, Chronic Disease Indicators, Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010
CDC's Alcohol Program, CDC-funded State Alcohol Epidemiologists…
Drinking too much can harm your health. One in 10 deaths among working-age adults ages 20-64 is due to excessive alcohol use.
Excessive drinking cost the US $223.5 billion in 2006.
Find out how much excessive alcohol use cost in your state.
The Alcohol-Related Disease Impact (ARDI) application generates estimates of alcohol-related deaths and Years of Potential Life Lost (YPLL) due to alcohol consumption.
Excessive Alcohol Use Prevention Status Reports: How does your state rate?
- Prevalence of Alcohol Dependence Among US Adult Drinkers, 2009–2011
- The Surprising Link Between Alcohol and Cancer
- Vital Signs: Alcohol Screening and Brief Counseling
- Binge Drinking Video
- Regulating Alcohol Outlet Density: An Action Guide
- Youth Exposure to Alcohol Advertising on Television — 25 Markets, United States, 2010
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO