Available HIV Tests
- Learn about the various screening assays, home test kits, and other technologies from the FDA HIV Testing Site
- Learn more about rapid tests
- Interactive tutorial on the OraQuick Advance Rapid Test
- Find HIV testing state laws, as well as indications for and interpretations of rapid and standard HIV testing in pregnancy, from the National HIV/AIDS Clinicians Consultation Center at the University of California, San Francisco.
More Resources on HIV Screening
Additional HIV Resources from CDC
- Act Against AIDS - a comprehensive communication campaign aimed at preventing HIV, especially in populations most affected by the epidemic.
- One Test. Two Lives. – a provider program focusing on ensuring all women are tested for HIV early in their pregnancy.
- Prevention IS Care – a provider program designed to help facilitate discussions about reducing risky transmission behaviors among your patients living with HIV
STD Resources from CDC
- HIV testing is an essential component of preventive care for optimizing sexual health. Populations disproportionately affected by HIV are also disproportionately affected by infections with hepatitis B virus (HBV) and sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Other sexual health preventive care components include:
- annual Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC) testing of all sexually active females over age 25
- annual screening for syphilis, CT, and GC of sexually active MSM
- HPV vaccine routinely for all females 11-12 yrs old and catch-up vaccine for those 13-26
- HBV vaccine for adults seeking care for STD or those who inject drugs or have sex with MSM.
- Information, resources, and recommendations on sexually transmitted diseases
- Information on viral hepatitis