Resources for Patients
Your patients may have questions about the HIV test or what will happen if they are diagnosed with HIV. The following resources can be used for your patients who are seeking more information.
HIV/AIDS General Information
Statistics on HIV/AIDS in America
- Visit the CDC's Act Against AIDS Web site to learn more about HIV/AIDS prevalence in the U.S.
Living with HIV/AIDS
- Learn more about what it means to be living with HIV
- Once you've diagnosed a patient with HIV, it's important to link him/her to care immediately. American Academy of HIV Medicine, HIV Medicine Association and HealthFinder.gov have resources to help you find physicians providing HIV care in your area. To locate a physician in your area that provides HIV care, visit:
- Many patients may not be able to afford their HIV care. In these situations, CDC recommends you visit the following sites to find local, free options for your patient:
- Learn how to prevent transmitting HIV to others
- Learn about sexually transmitted diseases