Guidelines for Requesting Isolates
- Review the ABCs Isolate Bank information and then contact the CDC/ATSDR Specimen Packaging, Inventory and Repository (CASPIR).
- email: ABCsIsolateBank@cdc.gov
- phone: 770-339-5949
- fax: 770-339-5943
- Ask CASPIR:
- To provide instructions ("ABCs Isolate Request Guidelines") on how to officially request isolates and
- To include a description of available isolates and parameters ("Isolate Information Available") which should help you (the requestor) to focus your request.
- After receiving the above information from CASPIR:
- Define the number and type of isolates needed*.
- Include your current professional affiliation and a brief summary plan of your use of the strains.
CDC will work with the requestor to complete a material transfer agreement (MTA) or User Fee that will limit dissemination of bacterial isolates after they leave CASPIR.
*CASPIR charges requestors for isolates if the isolates will be used by a for-profit organization. All requestors are required to pay shipping fees.
- Page last reviewed: March 26, 2014
- Page last updated: February 2, 2010
- Content source: