Guidelines for Requesting Isolates
- Review the ABCs Isolate Bank information and then contact the CDC/ATSDR Specimen Packaging, Inventory and Repository (CASPIR).
- email: ABCsIsolateBank@cdc.gov
- phone: 770-339-5949
- fax: 770-339-5943
- Ask CASPIR:
- To provide instructions ("ABCs Isolate Request Guidelines") on how to officially request isolates and
- To include a description of available isolates and parameters ("Isolate Information Available") which should help you (the requestor) to focus your request.
- After receiving the above information from CASPIR:
- Define the number and type of isolates needed*.
- Include your current professional affiliation and a brief summary plan of your use of the strains.
CDC will work with the requestor to complete a material transfer agreement (MTA) or User Fee that will limit dissemination of bacterial isolates after they leave CASPIR.
*CASPIR charges requestors for isolates if the isolates will be used by a for-profit organization. All requestors are required to pay shipping fees.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.