- March 12, 2014 - Federal Register Notice: Extension of Request for Nominations of Candidates to Serve on the World Trade Center Health Program Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee — Nominations must be submitted (postmarked or electronically received) by March 31, 2014.
- February 18, 2014 - Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) Recommendations to the WTC Health Program's Research Program.
February 18, 2014 – Federal Register Notice: Amendments to List of WTC-Related
Health Conditions; Cancer; Revision
No types of cancer covered by the WTC Health Program will be removed by this action; four types of cancer—malignant neoplasms of the brain, the cervix uteri, the pancreas, and the testis—are newly eligible for certification as WTC-related health conditions as a result of this action.
- February 14, 2014 - Statement from the Administrator regarding the publication of an Interim Final Rule (IFR) which amends the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions found in the WTC Health Program regulations, and results in four specific cancers becoming eligible for coverage as WTC-related health conditions.
- January 31, 2014 - Publication of a sources sought notice was released for an upcoming Outreach and Education Support requirement for the WTC Health Program. The notice is located on the Federal Business Opportunities website (www.fbo.gov). The notice number is HHS-CDC-NIOSH-SS-14-0001. This notice will remain posted until February 28, 2014.
- January 30, 2014 - Federal Register Notice: Request for Nominations of Candidates to Serve on the World
Trade Center Health Program Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee — Nominations must be submitted (postmarked or electronically received) by March 14, 2014.
- January 17, 2014 - February 14, 2014 – Teleconference/Web Conference Meeting of the Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee – The next meeting of the Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee will be held on February 14, 2014. The meeting is open to the public and comments from the public are welcome. The agenda for the meeting includes a brief update on the policies and regulations developed by the WTC Health Program and development of recommendations for research. More details regarding the meeting can be found on the Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) Meetings page.
- November 27, 2013 – New York State Workers’ Compensation Law – On November 13, 2013, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed significant protections for World Trade Center workers into the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. The New York state legislation extends and enhances the state’s workers’ compensation eligibility and benefits to World Trade Center workers.
- September 23, 2013 - WTC Health Program—Notice of Privacy Practices — This notice describes how medical information about WTC Health Program members may be used and disclosed and how WTC Health Program members can get access to this information. The effective date for this notice is Monday, September 30, 2013
- September 19, 2013 - World Trade Center Health Program; Addition of Prostate
Cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions — On May 2, 2013, the Administrator of the WTC Health Program received a petition requesting the addition of prostate cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions (List) covered in the WTC Health Program. In this final rule, the Administrator adds malignant neoplasm of the prostate (prostate cancer) to the List in the WTC Health Program regulations. This rule will go into effect on October 21, 2013.