Dr. John Howard serves as the Program Administrator of the WTC Health Program. He is a medical doctor and a lifelong advocate for workers' health. As the Program Administrator, Dr. Howard may issue statements noting updates and milestones for the WTC Health Program. Below is a listing of the official statements from Dr. Howard.
- July 1, 2014 - Statement marking the three-year anniversary of the WTC Health Program. The Program provides medical monitoring and treatment to eligible 9/11 responders and survivors.
- February 14, 2014 - Statement from the Administrator regarding the publication of an Interim Final Rule (IFR) which amends the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions found in the WTC Health Program regulations, and results in four specific cancers becoming eligible for coverage as WTC-related health conditions
- July 3, 2013 - Statement from the Administrator regarding the Federal Register Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Addition of Prostate Cancer to the List of WTC-Related Health Conditions
- July 1, 2013 - Statement marking the second anniversary of the WTC Health Program. The Program provides medical monitoring and treatment to eligible 9/11 responders and survivors.
- March 28, 2013 - Statement regarding the Federal Register Interim Final Rule on the eligibility criteria for responders to receive care and treatment following the terrorist attacks at the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania
- September 12, 2012 - Statement regarding the Final Rule for the addition of cancer to the WTC Health Program
- July 2, 2012 - Statement about the one-year anniversary of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act