Reported Tuberculosis in the United States, 2011
Reported Tuberculosis in the United States, 2011 presents summary data for tuberculosis (TB) cases verified and counted in 2011. Report of Verified Case of Tuberculosis (RVCT) forms are submitted to the Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), by 60 reporting areas (the 50 states, the District of Columbia, New York City, Puerto Rico, and seven other jurisdictions in the Pacific and Caribbean). First released in 1993, the RVCT was expanded in 2009 to collect additional information for each reported TB case in order to better monitor trends in TB and TB control.
Reported Tuberculosis in the United States, 2011 is similar to previous publications (see page xi, #19) and contains an Executive Commentary, Technical Notes, and six major sections. The Executive Commentary includes highlights of the 2011 data, and the Technical Notes section provides information about how the data were collected and reported; these sections are included to help the reader interpret the data. The 2011 report also includes a special supplement section on the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands (USAPI).
Morbidity Trend Tables, United States present trends in the overall TB case counts and case rates by selected demographic and clinical characteristics. Morbidity Tables, United States, 2011 present overall case counts and case rates for the United States by selected demographic characteristics. Morbidity Tables, Reporting Areas, United States, 2011 present TB case counts and case rates by state and other jurisdictions with tables of selected demographic and clinical characteristics. Morbidity Tables, Reporting Areas, United States, 2011 and 2009 present data for the most recent year for which data are available on selected variables such as completion of therapy by reporting area. Morbidity Tables, Cities and Metropolitan Statistical Areas, 2011 provide TB case counts and case rates by metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs: see Technical Notes for further details) with tables of selected demographic and clinical characteristics. United States Affiliated Pacific Islands, 2011 presents an overview of USAPI TB programs and provides USAPI TB surveillance data highlights. Surveillance Slide Set, 2011 presents figures from the annual surveillance slide set, which emphasize key recent trends in TB epidemiology in the United States. The slides with accompanying text can also be viewed and downloaded from the DTBE website accessible at http://www.cdc.gov/tb/.
The current Tuberculosis Case Definition for Public Health Surveillance and Recommendations for Reporting and Counting Tuberculosis Cases are provided in Appendices A and B, respectively. National Surveillance for Severe Adverse Events Associated with Treatment for Latent Tuberculosis Infection - Reporting Information is provided in Appendix C.
- Special Tuberculosis Projects, 1961–1965. Atlanta: CDC; 1966.
- Special Tuberculosis Projects, December 1965. Atlanta: CDC; 1966.
- Special Tuberculosis Projects, June 1966. Atlanta: CDC; 1967.
- Special Tuberculosis Projects, December 1966. Atlanta: CDC; 1967.
- Summary Report. Atlanta: CDC; 1967.
- Special Tuberculosis Projects, June 1967. Atlanta: CDC; 1968.
- Tuberculosis Program Reports, December 1967. Atlanta: CDC; 1968.
- Tuberculin testing during 1966–1967 school year. In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1968.
- Tuberculosis Program Reports: Six Month Period Ending June 1968. Atlanta: CDC; 1969.
- Program Performance Analyses, June–December 1968. In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1970.
- Tuberculin testing data, 1967–1968 school year. In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1970.
- The project years, 1961–1969, In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1970.
- Tuberculosis programs (for years 1970–1973). In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1971–1974.
- Reported Tuberculosis Data (for years 1962–1973). Atlanta: CDC; 1963–1974.
- Tuberculosis Statistics: States and Cities (for years 1974–1985). Atlanta: CDC; 1971–1986.
- Tuberculosis in the United States (for years 1974–1986). Atlanta: CDC; 1976–1987.
- Tuberculosis program management in the United States, 1984. In: Tuberculosis Program Reports. Atlanta: CDC; 1986.
- Tuberculosis Statistics in the United States (for years 1987–1992). Atlanta: CDC: 1989–1993.
- Reported Tuberculosis in the United States (for years 1993–2010). Atlanta: CDC: 1994–2011.
Reports from 2006 through 20010 are available on the Internet at http://www.cdc.gov/tb/statistics/
*Links to U.S. reporting area TB programs accessed as of September 2011. Includes responses from the reporting areas of New York City (NYC) and Puerto Rico (PR).