Essentials of STD Supervision I
(CDC TRAIN Course ID 1034317)
A 5-part Blended E-Learning Course
July 2, 9, 16, 23 and, 30 2014 (Every Wednesday in July at 1:00pm ET) (Completed)
Please check back periodically for updates. For information or questions, call Sheila McKenzie (404) 639-8357.
Registration: See instructions on how to apply through the CDC TRAIN system. For information or guidance, call Sheila McKenzie (404) 639-8357. All courses are free of charge to eligible participants who have been approved to attend by their managers.
The Essentials of STD Prevention I (formerly known as Online Supervisor Series) is a blended e-learning course designed to provide information and skills necessary to successfully develop and supervise STD partner services staff. This training utilizes a blended eLearning approach made up of sessions that are on-line instructor-led and sessions that have been pre-recorded using Microsoft Live Meeting©.
Participants are expected to view all recorded sessions, attend all on-line instructor-led sessions and complete any self study assignments. The total time commitment for this training is 12 hours spread over a 3 to 5 week time period (depending on the particular offering). Each course offering is limited to 20 participants.
Each individual participant will need to have a computer with access to the internet, the ability to download and install the free Live Meeting© software and a phone (preferably a speakerphone or a phone with a headset). Upon approval, participants will be sent an email with information on how to download and install the Live Meeting© software, the links and passwords for logging into the training sessions and pre-course materials that the participants will need to print and have available the day of the training.
- Discuss the effect supervisors have on employee performance and recognize the qualities needed to be a good supervisor.
- Demonstrate the correct use of statistical information for assessing performance.
- Describe how to use audits and audit tools as a means for performance observation.
- Demonstrate how to use feedback as a tool for both reinforcement and correction.
Welcome and Orientation (Microsoft Live Meeting)
- Qualities of Effective Supervision
- Supervisors as Communicators
- How Supervision Can Affect Performance (Microsoft Live Meeting)
Disease Intervention Skills
- Case Management and Lot System
- Interview Format
- Clustering/Cluster Interview
- Chalk Talk
Case Studies (Microsoft Live Meeting)
- Time Management
- Reading Assignments
- Employee Development and Training
- Case studies
- Assessing Employee performance
Who Should Attend This Course: This course is intended for STD front line supervisors and STD program staff with leadership responsibilities.