PHIN Partner Calls 2013
Click Here to be directed to the Partner Call Presentations Page
Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office
PHIN Partner Call
June 5, 2013
3:00–4:00 PM EDT
Century Center Building 2500, Conference Room 2222
The agenda for this meeting will be:
- 10 minutes – Announcements and Introductions (CDC)
- 40 minutes – Presentation: Public Health Case Reporting – A collaborative effort to improve public health practice
- Presenter: Jeffrey M. Kriseman, PhD, MS, Branch Chief, Information Systems and Statistical Support, Division of Notifiable Diseases and Healthcare Information, Public Health Surveillance & Informatics Program Office, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Topic Description: : Dr. Kriseman will present on a collaborative effort to improve public health practice by enhancing the public health community’s capability to receive a case report document in Health Level 7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) from electronic health record (EHR) systems. He will present an overview of the information flow between clinical systems to local/state/territorial health department; describe the application and potential impact of standards and interoperability in public health; and finally, provide a summary of CDC/PHSIPO progress towards leveraging federal standard of a pilot implementation in two jurisdictions to streamline the information flow for infectious conditions reportable from EHR systems in clinical settings to local/state/territorial public health departments.
- 10 minutes - Questions and Answers Session
To join the webinar:
Please log in to Instant Presenter before dialing. The system will automatically provide call in information once you have logged in online.
For audio only, please use the following information.
Call-in toll free number: 1-888-205-5513
Technical Assistance: PHIN Help Desk: 1-800-532-9929.