To apply, submit an online application and mail all supporting documents in one package. Supporting documents include:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from degree granting institutions
|August 3, 2015||Application opens|
|November 19, 2015||
Application closes (11:59 p.m., ET).
Deadline for supporting documents.
|November 19, 2015||Supporting documents must be postmarked by this date|
|January 2016||Selected candidates invited to interview|
|March and April 2016||
Interviews conducted at CDC in Atlanta, Georgia, or by telephone. Applicants interviewed in person are responsible for their travel expenses.
Candidates notified of acceptance into the program.
|Summer 2016||Start your PHIFP assignment in one of these locations:
Apply between August 3 and November 19, 2015. Submit supporting documents through the online application.
The application process has changed. Instructions will be posted soon.
November 19, 2015, 11:59 p.m., ET: Deadline for submitting the online application and supporting documents.
- Page last reviewed: July 7, 2014
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source:
- Office of Public Health Scientific Services; Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services; Division of Scientific Education and Professional Development