|September 14, 2015||Application opens 9:00 a.m. (EDT).|
|January 22, 2016||Application closes at 11:59 p.m. (EDT). Applications and supporting documents must be submitted by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.|
|February 12, 2016||Candidates selected for interview are notified.|
|February 22-26, 2016||Interviews will be performed via video conference.|
|March 11, 2016||Candidates selected for the program are notified.|
|July 8, 2016||All degree requirements must be completed.|
|August 8, 2016||Prevention Effectiveness Fellowship begins.|
Supporting documents are required in addition to the online application.
Letters of Recommendation
The person who writes your letter of recommendation must upload it in the application by the deadline.
Select persons familiar with your academic achievements, aspirations, personal qualities, and professional attributes.
Letters must be specific to your PEF application and dated within 6 months of the application.
Before You Apply
- Provide a copy of the
Letter of Recommendation [PDF - 1 page]
to persons writing letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- One letter must be from a faculty member or supervisor.
- Letters must be written in English.
- Let the letter writers know they will receive an email from PEFapplication@cdc.gov with instructions about how to how to upload the letter in the application
As You Apply
- Go to the Add Letter of Recommendation section to enter information about persons who will write your letters of recommendation.
- Click Update to send a system-generated email from PEFapplication@cdc.gov.
- Once the letter writers have received the email, they will be able to upload recommendation letters.
Instructions for the Letter Writers
The person writing the recommendation must:
- Sign the recommendation letter.
- Save the letter as a PDF.
- Click the link in the email from PEFapplication@cdc.gov to upload the letter.
You must upload transcripts before you submit your application.
Provide copies of transcripts for graduate degrees.
Applicants with degrees requiring a completed thesis or dissertation must defend it before July 8, 2016.
- When a transcript is not issued by a U.S. institution:
- Other proof of degree completion (e.g., certified copy of a diploma) must be submitted
- Diploma or other proof of degree completion must be translated into English
- High school transcripts are not required.
- Transcripts and other proof of degree completion will not be returned.
- Applicants accepted into PEF must provide official transcripts or other proof of degree completion.
Before You Apply
Request an unofficial copy of graduate transcripts. You must upload the transcripts into the application as PDF files.
As You Apply
- Complete required fields for college or university education and click Update
- On the Education page, click Upload next to each college or university
- Click Browse and select the college or university transcript PDF
- Click Open to attach the PDF. You will see confirmation of the upload.
- Page last reviewed: March 21, 2016
- Page last updated: March 21, 2016
- Content source: