State Oral Disease Prevention Programs
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement for State Oral Disease Prevention Program is to assist states health departments to build and/or maintain effective public health capacity for implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of best practices associated with oral disease prevention and improvement of oral health. Funding awards will be made for two Components. Eligible state health departments or their Bona Fide Agents may apply for only one component of this cooperative agreement:
- Component 1, Basic Capacity for Collective Impact
- Component 2, Implementation of Evidence-based Community Preventive Interventions and Access to Clinical Preventive Services
The basic strategies for Component 1 are:
- Develop program leadership and capacity
- Develop and coordinate partnerships
- Develop or enhance oral health surveillance
- Build evaluation capacity
- Assess facilitators/barriers to advancing oral health
- Develop plans for state oral health programs and activities
- Implement communication activities to promote oral disease prevention.
The strategies and interventions for Component 2 are:
- Maintain basic capacity for collective impact
- Implement or expand sealant delivery in low-income and/or rural schools
- Increase the proportion of the population with access to optimally fluoridated water
- Implement strategies to affect the delivery of targeted clinical preventive services and health systems changes.
The strategies and activities for this FOA are structured around the four Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Domains (Epidemiology and Surveillance, Environmental Approaches, Health System Interventions, Community-Clinical Linkages)
To submit questions, click here.
The official Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) can be found at www.Grants.gov . To access the announcement and application package:
- 1. Select www.Grants.gov
- 2. Select 'Apply for Grants'
- 3. Select 'Step 1: Download a Grant Application
- 4. Insert the Funding Announcement Number in the appropriate search box: CDC-RFA-DP13-1307
- Potential applicant conference calls: CDC conducted a conference call for all interested applicants to provide technical assistance and respond to any questions regarding the FOA process on Wednesday, April 17, at 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time. The transcript from the call can be accessed here [PDF–162K].
- Letter of Intent Deadline Date: April 26, 2013
Application Deadline Date: May 29, 2013 11:59 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time, on www.Grants.gov
- Page last reviewed: April 19, 2013
- Page last updated: April 19, 2013
- Content source: