Office of the Director
The Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services (CSELS) provides scientific services, expertise, skills, and tools in support of CDC’s national efforts to promote health; prevent disease, injury and disability; and prepare for emerging health threats.
- Be a strong partner within CDC and for its external stakeholders
- Be a leader in developing, adopting, and integrating sound public health surveillance and epidemiologic practices, based on advances in informatics, epidemiology, laboratory science, and public health research
- Be the leader in the science of public health workforce development, with educational programs, instructional materials, and other CDC resources renowned for superior quality and relevance, including highly qualified, high-performing public health practitioners.
- Page last reviewed: January 22, 2014
- Page last updated: January 22, 2014
- Content source: