Print copies are currently out of stock. If you are interested in a future order if/when copies are available, or if you would like a PDF version of the tool kit, please send us an email.
Fire Safe Seniors Tool Kit
The Fire Safe Seniors Tool Kit has been designed to help you effectively implement a smoke alarm installation and fire safety education program targeting older adults. To do so, the tool kit contains the following elements:
- An implementation guide with helpful information for planning and running a comprehensive fire safety program for seniors.
- Three different training curricula:
- training of trainers (TOT) curriculum
- a 4-hour curriculum to train your staff or volunteers who will conduct home assessments and education; including an optional session on smoke alarm installation
- a 2-hour curriculum to train your staff or volunteers who will only conduct education
- Tools for conducting home assessments, education, smoke alarm installations, and process evaluation.