Health and Safety Tips:
- Never run lawnmowers and other combustion devices inside the garage. Always operate a safe distance from windows and doors.
- Run cars and trucks only outside the garage and away from any openings into the house to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Store pesticides and other chemicals out of reach of children.
- Control rodents and insects by eliminating sources of food and water and sealing holes in walls to keep them out.
- Page last reviewed: March 21, 2011
- Page last updated: March 21, 2011
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention