Start your health literacy training here…
CDC offers five online health literacy courses for health professionals. We recommend that you take the introductory course “Health Literacy for Public Health Professionals” first and “Writing for the Public” second. The other courses can be taken in any order, depending on your interests.
- Health Literacy for Public Health Professionals (free continuing education)
- Writing for the Public (printable completion certificate)
- Using Numbers and Explaining Risk (printable completion certificate)
- Creating Easier to Understand Lists, Charts, and Graphs (printable completion certificate)
- Speaking with the Public (printable completion certificate)
Additional Training Resources
Good Questions for Good Health Training
A consumer and patient communication skill-building module. It encourages question-asking and provides strategies for formulating and asking questions before, during, and after medical appointments. The Toolkit includes a presentation, presentation notes, skill building activity, take-home handout, and an evaluation form.
Listen to Dr. Rima Rudd, health literacy expert, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, explain health literacy.
For more training materials on health literacy, plain language, culture competency, consumer-patient skill building, and shared decision making, please visit our Other Trainings Page.
- Page last reviewed: September 2, 2015
- Page last updated: September 2, 2015
- Content source: