Inpatient Healthcare Providers
Get Smart for Healthcare is a program that complements the Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work program, both of which promote the appropriate use of antibiotics.
Get Smart for Healthcare focuses on improving antimicrobial use in inpatient healthcare through stewardship programs. These antibiotic interventions and programs ("antimicrobial stewardship") are intended to help hospitals and other inpatient facilities develop and implement interventions to improve antibiotic use.
For more information, see
- Evidence to Support Antibiotic Stewardship
- Antibiotic Stewardship Implementation Resources
- Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- Checklist for Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs
- Inter-facility Infection Control Transfer Form [2 pages]
- Antibiotic Stewardship Success Stories
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.