Information for Everyone
Explore the resources on this page to learn more about appropriate antibiotic use, antibiotic resistance, and how to feel better when sick with a viral infection.
Information Sheet — When Antibiotics Won't Work for You!
- What Everyone Should Know
If you have a cold or flu, antibiotics won't work for you. What can you do to protect yourself or your child.
- CDC has produced a variety of educational materials designed to help you learn about antibiotic resistance and appropriate antibiotic use for upper respiratory infections. Visit the Print Materials section of the website to view all of the brochure, posters, and one-page sheets.
- CDC has created videos, podcasts, Health-e-Cards, and other online materials about appropriate antibiotic use. See the Online Materials section of this website.
Fact Sheets and Q&As
- Fast Facts
Facts about antibiotic resistance and how you can help prevent antibiotic resistance.
- When Antibiotics Won't Work for You
When antibiotics are and aren't needed for some upper respiratory infections.
- Symptom Relief
What to do to feel better if antibiotics won’t treat the illness.
- Antibiotic Resistance Questions & Answers
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.