Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Teach Kids Healthy Habits
Healthy kids are more likely to become healthy adults. Be a role model and help your kids develop skills to make safe and healthy choices every day.
- Fasten seat belts.
- Put on a helmet during outdoor activities, including riding bikes and inline skating.
- Put on sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Brush and floss teeth.
- Wash hands with clear running water and apply soap. Rub hands for at least 20 seconds, then rinse.
- Grab opportunities to be active with your kids. Children and adolescents need a total of 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Be smoke-free, and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Get a flu vaccine each season.
- Take every opportunity to be a healthy role model. Show your child what it means to respect himself/herself and others.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO