CDC Nationwide Call
The purpose of the call is to foster collaboration among public health jurisdictions about the public health response to the widespread adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) for meaningful use. Two groups of individuals are invited to this call:
- Those identified who coordinate their public health agency's response to meaningful use as described in a Dear Colleague letter to State Health Officials from Dr. Frieden, or identified in a November/December ASTHO survey on meaningful use readiness; and
- Public health jurisdiction epidemiologists.
As you know, healthcare providers and hospitals are currently preparing for the meaningful use incentive program by purchasing and implementing EHRs. Although resources are constrained at the local, state and federal levels, healthcare providers are already contacting public health agencies to report data in a standardized way in order to satisfy meaningful use requirements.
- Identify common questions and concerns around meaningful use
- Provide updates on federal partner activities in preparing for meaningful use
- Allow public health jurisdictions to share useful practices and current progress
- Identify technical assistance needs and priorities
This conference call is only an hour, so we strongly encourage you to send in any questions or comments in advance to the Meaningful Use Mailbox. In addition, send in your feedback, and/or suggestions on meaningful use and/or the CDC Meaningful Use Nationwide Calls to the Meaningful Use Mailbox.
We look forward to your participation on this important conference call.
The HITRC portal is a single stop for current information related to the Public Health Meaningful Use Nationwide Call and includes call in information, presentations, and other related documents.
Please visit http://hitrc-collaborative.org for more details.