Immunization Information Systems (IIS)
As a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), the meaningful use initiative requires participating healthcare providers to meet established public health criteria to receive EHR-MU incentives. One of three possible public health components involves testing and establishing a connection from the provider site EHR to the appropriate Immunization Information System (IIS). There are three stages of implementation for meaningful use that will span several years, with Stage 1 beginning in 2011.
For further Immunization related information refer to the CDC Immunization website at Meaningful Use and Immunization Information Systems
To access the most recent Meaningful Use HL7 Implementation Guide, please click here.
Related Immunization Implementation Guides:
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.3 Published 8/15/2011
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.2 Published 2/12/2011
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.1 Published 8/15/2010
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.0 Published 5/1/2010
- Implementation Guide for Immunization Data Transactions using Version 2.3.1 of the Health Level Seven (HL7) Protocol, Version 2.2 June 2006
Immunization State Registry Contacts
- Page last reviewed: May 19, 2016
- Page last updated: May 19, 2016
- Content source: