192. Ambramsson L. On the investigation of men from infertile relations: a clinical study with special regard to anamnesis, physical examination, semen-, hormone- and chromosome analyses, from men with non-"normal" semen. Scand J Urol Nephrol 1988;Suppl 113:1-47.
193. Ambramsson L, Duchek M, Lundgren B. Conception rate for infertile couples: the importance of anamnesis and signs of genital disease in men with abnormal semen findings. Scand J Urol Nephrol 1989;23(3):165-71.
194. Andonian RW, Kessler R. Transplacental exposure to diethylstilbestrol in men. Urology 1979;13:276.
195. Bibbo M, Al-Naqeeb M, Baccarini I, Gill W, Newton M, Sleeper KM, et al. Follow-up study of male and female offspring of DES-treated mothers: a preliminary report. J Reprod Med 1975;15:29.
196. Bibbo M, Gill WB, Azizi F, Blough R, Fang VS, Rosenfield RL, et al. Follow-up study of male and female offspring of DES-exposed mothers. Obstet Gynecol 1977;49(1):1-7.
197. Bibbo M, Ali I, Al-Naqeeb M, Baccarini I, Climaco LA, Gill W, et al. Cytologic findings in female and male offspring of DES-treated mothers. Acta Cytol 1975;19:568.
198. Braun MM, Ahlbom A, Floderus B, Brinton LA, Hoover RN. Effect of twinship on incidence of cancer of the testis, breast, and other sites [Sweden]. Cancer Causes Control 1995;6:519-24.
199. Brown LM, Pottern LM, Hoover RN. Prenatal and perinatal risk factors for testicular cancer. Cancer Res 1986;46:4812-6.
200. Clark LC, Portier KM. Diethylstilbestrol and the risk of cancer. N Eng J Med 1979;300(5):263-4.
201. Conley GR, Sant GR, Ucci AA, Micheson HD. Seminoma and epididymal cysts in a young man with known diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero. JAMA 1983;249:1325-6.
202. Cosgrove MD, Benton B, Henderson BE. Male genitourinary abnormalities and maternal diethylstilbestrol. J Urol 1977;117(2):220-2.
203. Depue RH, Pike MC, Henderson BE. Estrogen exposure during gestation and risk of testicular cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 1983;71:1151-5.
204. Driscoll SG, Taylor SH. Effects of prenatal maternal estrogen on the male urogenital tract. Obstet Gynecol 1980;56(5):537-42.
205. Gershman ST, Stolley PD. A case-control study of testicular cancer using Connecticut Tumor Registry data. Int J Epidemiol 1988;17:738-42.
206. Gill WB, Schumacher GFB, Bibbo M, Straus FH, Schoenberg HW. Association of diethylstilbestrol exposure in utero with cryptochidism, testicular hypoplasia and semen abnormalities. J Urol 1979;122:36-9.
207. Gill WB, Schumacher GFB, Bibbo M. Structural and functional abnormalities in the sex organs of male offspring of mothers treated with diethylstilbestrol (DES). J Reprod Med 1976;16(4):147-53.
208. Gill WB, Schumacher GFB, Bibbo M. Pathological semen and anatomical abnormalities of the genital tract in human male subjects exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero. J Urol 1977;117:477-80.
209. Gill WB, Schumacher GFB, Hubby MM, et al. Male genital tract changes in humans following intrauterine exposure to diethylstilbestrol [review]. In: Herbst AL, Bern HA, editors. Developmental effects of diethylstilbestrol (DES) in pregnancy. New York: Thieme-Stratton, Inc.; 1981. Chapter 8.
210. Goldberg J, Falcone T. Effect of diethylstilbestrol on reproductive function. Fertil Steril 1999;72:1-7.
211. Goy RB, McEwen BS. Sexual differentiation of the brain. Cambridge (MA): The MIT Press; 1980.
212. Herbst AL. Diethylstilbestrol and other sex hormones during pregnancy [review]. Obstet Gynecol 1981;58(Suppl):S35-S40.
213. Hembree WC, Nagler HM, Fang JS, Myles EL, Jagiello GM. Infertility in a patient with abnormal spermatogenesis and in utero DES exposure [case report]. Int J Fert 1988;33(3):173-7.
214. Henderson BE, Benton B, Jing J, Yu MC, Pike MC. Risk factors for cancer of the testis in young men. Int J Cancer 1979;23:598-602.
215. Henderson BE, Benton B, Cosgrove M, Baptista J, Aldrich J, Townsend D. Urogenital tract abnormalities in sons of women treated with diethylstilbestrol. Pediatrics 1976;58(4):505-7.
216. Hinman F Jr. Unilateral abdominal cryptorchidism. J Urol 1979;122:71-5.
217. Leary FJ, Resseguie LJ, Kurland LT, O'Brien PC, Emslander RF, Noller K. Males exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol. JAMA 1984;525(21):2984-9.
218. Loughlin JE, Robboy SJ, Morrison AS. Risk factors for cancer of the testis [letter to the editor]. N Engl J Med 1980;303(2):112-3.
219. McLachlan JA, Newbold RR, Li S, Negishi M. Are estrogens carcinogenic during development of the testes? APMIS 1998;106(1):240-4.
220. McLachlan JA. Rodent models for perinatal exposure to diethylstilbestrol and their relation to human disease in the male. In: Herbst AL, Bern HA, editors. Developmental effects of diethylstilbestrol (DES) in pregnancy. New York: Thieme-Stratton, Inc.; 1981.
221. McLachlan et al. Science. 1975;190:991-2.
222. Moss A, Osmond D, Bacchetti P, Torit FM, Gurgin V. Hormonal risk factors in testicular cancer: a case-control study. Am J Epidemiol 1986;124:39-52.
223. Newbold RR, Bullock BC, McLachlan JA. Lesions of the rete testis in mice exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol. Cancer Res 1985;45:5145-8.
224. Newbold RR, Bullock BC, McLachlan JA. Testicular tumors in mice exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol. J Urol 1987;138:1446-50.
225. Niculescu A. Effects of in utero exposure to DES on male progeny. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 1985;14:468-70.
226. Pylkkanen L, Makela S, Valve E, Harkonen P, Toikkanen S, Santti R. Prostatic dysplasia associated with increased expression of c-myc in neonatally estrogenized mice. J Urol 1993;149:1593-1601.
227. Schottenfeld D, Warschauer ME, Sherlock S, Zauber AG, Leder M, Payne R. The epidemiology of testicular cancer in young adults. Am J Epidemiol 1980;112:232-46.
228. Seigler AM, Wang CF, Friberg J. Fertility of diethylstilbestrol exposed offspring [review]. Fertil Steril 1979;31:601-7.
229. Stenchever MA, Williamson RA, Leonard J, Karp LE, Ley B, Shy K, et al. Possible relationship between in utero diethylstilbestrol (DES) exposure and male infertility. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1981;140:186-93.
230. Stillman RJ. In utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol: adverse effects on the reproductive tract and reproductive performance in male and female offspring [review]. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982;142:905-21.
231. Strohsnitter WC, Noller KL, Hoover RN, Robboy SJ, Palmer JR, Titus-Ernstoff L, et al. Cancer risk in men exposed in utero to diethylstilbestrol. J Natl Cancer Inst 2001;93(7);545-51.
232. Turusov VS, Trukhanova LS, Parfenov YD, Tomatis L. Occurrence of tumors in the descendants of CBA male mice prenatally treated with diethylstilbestrol. Int J Cancer 1992; 50:131-5.
233. Vessey MP, Fairweather DVI, Norman-Smith B, Buckley J. A randomized double-blind controlled trial of the value of diethylstilbestrol therapy in pregnancy: long-term follow-up of mothers and their offspring. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1983;90:1007-17.
234. Vessey MP. Epidemiologic studies of the effects of diethylstilbestrol [review]. IARC Sci Publ 1989;96:335-48.
235. Whitehead ED, Leiter E. Genital abnormalities and abnormal semen analyses in males exposed to diethylstilbestrol (DES) in utero. J Urol 1981;125:47-50.
236. Wilcox AJ, Baird DD, Weinberg CR, Hornsby PP, Herbst AL. Fertility in men exposed prenatally to diethylstilbestrol. N Engl J Med 1995;332:1411-6.
237. Wingard DL, Turiel J. Long-term effects of exposure to diethylstilbestrol. West J Med 1988;149(5):551-4.
Back to Top