ART Reports and Resources
The Fertility Clinic Success Rate and Certification Act (FCSRCA) of 1992 mandates that clinics performing ART annually provide data for all procedures performed to CDC. CDC is required to use these data to report and publish clinic-specific success rates. The first report, the 1995 Assisted Reproductive Technology Success Rates Report, was released in December 1997.
Data from U.S. clinics that provide Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) services to treat infertility are a rich source of information about the factors that contribute to success—the delivery of a live-born infant. The report, and related materials on this Web site, gives potential ART users an idea of their average chances of success. Learn more about how to use CDC's ART Success Rates Report.
Annual ART Success Rates data are available as interactive National Summary Tables and Fertility Clinic Tables, downloadable PDF files, online versions, and as spreadsheets of clinic data. Choose the format that is most convenient for you.
Preliminary 2012 Data—Clinic Tables and Data Dictionary
CDC’s 2012 preliminary ART Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report, 176,275* ART cycles were performed at 456 reporting clinics in the United States during 2012, resulting in 51,294 live births (deliveries of one or more living infants) and 65,179 live born infants. Although the use of ART is still relatively rare as compared to the potential demand, its use has doubled over the past decade. Today, over 1% of all infants born in the United States every year are conceived using ART.
* Note: This number does not include 6 cycles in which a new treatment procedure was being evaluated.
Additional spreadsheets are available starting with data collected in 1995.
Please note starting with the 2010 data, the ART success rates were published in two separate reports:
- Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report—this report has 3 major sections:
- Commonly asked questions—provides background information and an explanation of the data reporting process.
- Fertility clinic tables—displays tabulated results of success rates for ART procedures at individual U.S. fertility clinics.
- Appendix—contains a glossary of technical and medical terms used in the report, the names and addresses of all reporting clinics, a list of non-reporting clinics, and a list of national consumer organizations offering support to people experiencing infertility.
- National Summary Report—this report uses pooled data presented as graphs and charts to provide an in-depth picture of the type, number, and outcomes of ART cycles performed in the United States.
2011 ART Fertility Success Rates
The last three ART Success Rates Reports can be read online. To access a report, click on the data collection year.
- 2011 ART Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report
2011 ART National Summary Report
- 2010 ART Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report
2010 ART National Summary Report
- 2009 ART Report
ART Success Rates Reports have been published annually since 1997. They provide an in-depth picture of the type, number, and outcome of ART cycles performed in U.S. fertility clinics. The reports also include individual clinic tables that provide ART success rates and other information from each clinic. Download reports from the list below. Please note that the year of the report represents the year of data collection, not the publication year.
- 2009 [PDF - 12.95MB]
- 2008 [PDF - 15.75MB]
- 2007 [PDF - 10.32MB]
- 2006 [PDF - 10.9MB]
- 2005 [PDF - 11.6MB]
Spreadsheets of fertility clinic data published in ART Success Rates Reports are available for download. The spreadsheets are available starting with data collected in 1995. To access clinic data spreadsheets, click on the data collection year.
- 2011 Data—Clinic Tables and Data Dictionary [XLS - 1.3MB]
- 2011 National Summary Data Set [XLS - 62KB]
- 2010 Clinic Tables and Data Dictionary [XLS - 866KB]
- 2009 Clinic Tables and Data Dictionary [XLS - 871KB]
- 2008 Clinic Tables [XLS - 834KB]
- 2007 Clinic Tables [XLS - 787KB]
- 2006 Clinic Tables [XLS - 674KB]
- 2005 Clinic Tables [XLS - 662KB]
- 2004 Clinic Tables [XLS - 646KB]
- 2003 Clinic Tables [XLS - 590KB]
- 2002 Clinic Tables [XLS - 642KB]
- 2001 Clinic Tables [XLS - 662KB]
- 2000 Clinic Tables [XLS - 514KB]
- 1999 Clinic Tables [XLS - 515KB]
- 1998 Clinic Tables [XLS - 544KB]
- 1997 Clinic Tables [XLS - 457KB]
- 1996 Clinic Tables [XLS - 334KB]
- 1995 Clinic Tables [XLS - 285KB]
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request copy of the 2011 ART Reports. The reports are available in following format—
- 2011 ART Fertility Clinic Success Rates Report is available in hardcopy or CD Rom.
- 2011 ART National Summary Report is available in hardcopy only.
Please indicate which report and what format you would like in the email.
Get email updates
To receive e-mail updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO